After having a baby I don’t have to much time to cook but since I have an athlete at home and I need to be careful what I eat because I am breastfeeding and I also need to loose left over 8 kg of my prego-weight I do cook two to three times a day.
I really do love eating healthy anyways and I could live on eating only soups and salads. Today I am sharing a salad which with addition of meat is also my boyfriends favorite and it can be a full meal for him as well. I am dedicating this salad to Maja S. who expressed interest and asked me through Instagram to share more of my salad recipes. So this one is for you Maja!
This recipe is gluten free and vegan. It’s great if you are on a diet as well.
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 small green apple, diced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
5 ounces Baby Spinach
⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
⅓ cup walnuts, toasted
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon stevia sweetener
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 205 C/ 400 F. Cut sweet potatoes on cubs and toss them with olive oil, powdered paprika, sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
2. Place on a sheet of a baking paper and roast for 45 minutes (stir half way through baking). Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Combine quinoa, olive oil, 1/2 cup of water, sea salt and fresh ground pepper in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat for 10 to 16 minutes and stir occasionally. Drain and cool.
4. For the dressing blend balsamic vinegar, stevia sweetener, dijon mustard, garlic, sea salt and cayenne pepper in a blender. Add oil and blend until well combined. Toss apple cut in a small bite size square pieces and lemon juice in a small bowl.
5. In a large bowl combine spinach, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and apple pieces, add roasted sweet potatoes, crispy quinoa and toss with a bit of dressing.
Does this salad look like a Spring meal you would try?
Let me know in comment bellow!
Katarina Štimac, fashion blog – LaKatwalk