If you want to try only one quick and easy recipe from my blog, let it me this one!
This chicken breasts recipe in orange sauce with brown rice is great for all of those who like a bit of sweetness in their dish (healthy sweetness) and for all of you who like to eat healthy but delicious food which will fill you up but you won’t feel sleepy and heavy after having a generous portion.
As I mentioned on my Facebook page post I have started going to the gym daily after having Anabela three months ago now and I am testing some quick, healthy and delicious recipes to help me loose weight without feeling hungry and miserable
This recipe is super easy to make, there are a few ingredients which are mandatory, others are just healthier and tastier additions. I made this meal for my boyfriend who usually doesn’t like sweet meat and brown rice or pasta, he had it two days in a row and loved it! It’s even better next day so make a full portion from recipe to have some leftovers for next day.
5 pcs skinless and boneless chicken breasts
150 ml (5 oz) orange juice (squeezed)
1 orange zest of 1 whole orange
20g (0.7 oz) brown sugar
2 soup spoons of olive oil or 2 tea spoons of coconut oil
1 tbs honey dion mustard
salt & pepper to taste
Croatian spice mix Vegeta
2 tea spoons of flour mixed into a little bit of warm water
1. If you got a thicker chicken breasts slide them on thinner pieces before seasoning. Marinate chicken breasts on both sides with salt & paper or optionally with Croatian spice mix. Vegeta. Set a side for 10 minutes. Coat chicken breasts with mustard with a brush on both sides.
Prepare a side dish: steamed vegetables (broccoli or green beans seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper) or brown rice. I love this recipe with brown rice. 1.5 coffee cup of brown rice is cooked in 3 coffee cups of water and ready in 20 minutes.
The secret of preparing rice well is to use wide sauce pan so rice can cook evenly, make sure you add some sea salt to water and mix well.
2. In a bigger sauce pan heat the coconut oil (or oil of your choice) on medium high (I used setting 7/10). Grill chicken breasts on medium heat for 8 minutes total (3-4 minutes each side depending on thickness).
3. Meanwhile, squeeze 150ml (5 oz) orange juice and prepare orange zest from 1 orange and weigh brown sugar. Wash and dry one whole orange and cut 3-4 thin slices to add to sauce later on.
4. Once chicken is done, set it aside on a warm plate. Keep the remaining oil in warm sauce pan and add orange juice, orange zest and brown sugar and boil on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. If it appears to thick add a bit more orange juice.
5. Optionally, add a mixture of a bit of warm water and 2 tea spoons of white flour if you would like the sauce to be thicker. Add 3-4 thin slices of well washed orange.
6. Add chicken to orange sauce and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Let me know how you like it once you try it and if you made any tweaks to make it even better! Would love to hear about it!
Katarina Štimac, fashion blog – LaKatwalk