I got this recipe earlier this year from my friends mom. She prepared it for the dinner we went to and I had to have it, it was delicious! I usually love the taste of mustard in meat recipes but this is also quick to make and perfect as a dinner for two, with usually enough leftovers for next days lunch if you serve it with salad like we do at home.
It will probably take you about 10 minutes to prepare it and about 40 minuted to bake it.
500g (1 Ibs) thin sliced turkey or chicken breasts
1 pack of puff pastry
300g (0.6 Ibs) mushrooms
100g (0.2 Ibs) thin sliced carrots (optional)
100g (0.2 Ibs) thin sliced zucchini (optional)
1 medium size onion finely sliced
1 tbs mustard
1 clove of garlic (minced)
1 (200g / 0.4 Ibs) sour cream
2 eggs (1 for coating)
100 g of shaved Gouda cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp sweet paprika powder (optional)
Croatian spice mix Vegeta (optional)
sesame seeds or linen seeds for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Cut turkey (or chicken) into small bite size stripes, season it with salt, pepper and sweet paprika spice. Cook until meat is well cooked, set meat aside on a warm plate.
Heat the oven to 185C (365 F).
2. Use the same pan, add some more olive oil if needed and brown onion and garlic over medium heat, add mushrooms and vegetables. When vegetable is roasted add meat and mix well.
3. Beat 1 egg, sour cream and mustard in a bowl.
4. Spread puff pastry over the baking paper, spread vegetables and meat mixture over it, poor sour cream mixture over the meat & veggie mixture and spread shaved cheese over it. Roll the pastry with tucking the ends inwards.
5. Coat the role with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds or linen seeds. Bake for 40 minutes on 185 C on baking paper.
Bon appetite! Delicious!
Katarina Štimac, fashion blog – LaKatwalk