This recipe as most of the recipes I recommend is super easy and healthy. My boyfriend asked me to make it again and again after I first time made this polenta, salmon combination with light cucumber and carrot salad. You can make all of this with a steak or different meat if you are not a salmon fan.
Cucumber yogurt sauce:
0.5 cup greek yogurt (I used Fage)
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper
1/2 tea spoon of cumin seeds
1/4 tea spoon of ground turmeric
1 large carrot
1.5 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of lemon juice
2 salmon fillets (1 per person)
1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
sea salt & pepper
1.5 cup polenta
3 cups water
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
1. First prepare cucumber yogurt sauce as it requires 10-20 minutes of chill time in the fridge.
2. Combine thin sliced (peeled or well washed) cucumber, greek yogurt, grated garlic clove, lemon zest and lemon juice in a medium size bowl and gently steer with a spoon.
3. Season with salt & pepper per taste. This sauce keeps well in fridge for 1-3 days (without cucumber added) if you want to prepare it ahead.
1. Toast cumin seeds for 1-2 minutes over medium heat, add ground turmeric for the last 20 seconds of these 2 minutes.
2. Add thin sliced carrot (I use vegetable peeler to peel it and then to slice it so slices end up paper thin and look preety on the plate), olive oil, cilantro and lemon juice.
3. Add sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste.
I usually just mix it all well right there in the pan over medium heat for 1 minute and then place it in a medium bowl, chill and serve.
1. Season salmon fillets with sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste.
2. Heat olive or coconut oil over medium heat and grill salmon 3-4 minutes on each side until it gets nice color depending on thickness.
3. Bring 3 cups of water to boil and add 1.5 cup instant polenta. It’s done in 1 minute!
I promise you if you love salmon you will adore this recipe!
Katarina Štimac, fashion blog – LaKatwalk