Since I go back from vacation and got into my daily work routine I finally also caught up with working out regularly and cooking healthy.
Since I work from home and make my own schedule I try to match my body’s rhythm and work part of the day and then again in the evening. This means that I get up later and go to sleep later, thus I eat my dinner quite late. For example, today I ate my dinner at 10 pm after working out for an hour.
Since it is very important to eat (protein) within half an hour after working out I like to have or cottage cheese with a small spoon of honey for dinner or tuna salad. I don’t mean that tuna salad you get in restaurants with fattening dressing and mayo but healthy kind.
Now, I am sure there are gazilion ways to make tuna salad, but I would like to share some of my favorites. I usually make the one for which I have ingredients at home and I never eat it with bread but rather substitute with plain rice cakes, multigrain tortilla wrap or a cucumber.
Once I make the base of tuna salad (and I make a bigger quantity) I keep it in a fridge for 2-3 days and combine it with different ingredients for delicious protein full meals.
4 small cans of tuna (in water not oil)
Squeezed lemon juice
Pinch of salt
2 cloves of garlic or 1 small onion
Fresh parsley cut to tiny pieces
1. Tuna Salad with cooked egg + fresh spinach + cherry tomatoes
2. Tuna with Sliced Avocado + cranberries wrapped in whole wheat tortilla
3. Tuna Salad with Chickpeas + cherry tomatoes + lettuce
4. Tuna Salad (bigger chunks) with Raw Broccoli pieces + shaved carrot + cooked egg + green olives
5. Tuna with Green Apple pieces + cranberries + celery + mustard + walnuts wrapped in tortilla
6. Tuna with Finely Chopped Celery + chopped red onion over cucumber slices
7. Tuna Salad with Spinach + chopped tomatoes + feta cheese + cooked egg + sliced cucumbers
8. Tuna with Artichoke hearts + sliced fresh mushrooms + chestnuts + mandarine oranges + yogurt
9. Tuna with Cooked Beans + green asparagus + tarragon + capers + green beans
10. Tuna with Quinoa + 2 bell peppers + cucumber + fresh basil
Did you already tried any of these 10 recipes? Each takes max. 15 minutes to make, it is super healthy, rich with proteins, amino acids and vitamins.
Give them a try and let me know which of these you liked the best!
Katarina Štimac, fashion blog – LaKatwalk