After almost 6 months my boyfriend and I went to lunch to Carpe Diem Barcelona, one of our favorite restaurants with a couple of friends and their two adorable daughters. The friendly staff there already knows us and already knows what we are going to order as we almost always order the same.
They offer a mix of Asian and Arabian cuisine so we always order a mix of Arabian tapas and some rolls and sushi for appetizer, my boyfriend eats Kobe steak and I go for their famous Rocket Goat Cheese Salad. I never miss to order their amazing strawberry mojito!
Today’s salad recipe is inspired by my favorite Rocket Goat Cheese Salad while I make it at home a lot and already have played with this recipe a lot I will offer a few optional topping options which I know works fabulous with this salad.
It’s a season of fresh figs so you must include them in your Summer menu to make your salads just a tad more fun and a whole lot delicious!
This recipe makes enough salad for two people as I mostly cook for two. if you are not familiar with prosciutto & fresh fix mix, just try it first and see how you like this salty & sweet combo.
6-8 large fresh black figs
1/2 kg of cleaned rocket/arugula salad (other kind of salad will do nicely as well)
10 large green cleaned asparagus
200g of very thin freshly sliced soft prosciutto
1 coffee cup full of walnuts
Hand full of ground hazelnut (optional for goat cheese roasting)
1 fresh goat cheese
Salt & pepper
Optional toppings (either/or):
1 thin slides green apple or pear
4-5 sliced strawberries
Hand full of sliced black grapes
Hand full of dry cranberries
1 small red onion sliced thin in circles
1. Clean, wash and cut all of the vegetables.
2. Steam asparagus for about 10 minutes and set aside to cool. Cut it into small bite size round pieces.
3. Mix salad, walnuts, asparagus, figs and prosciutto into a large bowl.
4. Whisk vinaigrette into a small bowl with salt until the salt dissolves, slowly add olive oil and fresh ground pepper to taste. Season the salad and mix well.
5. Mix 1 egg, mix bread crumbs and ground hazelnut on a separate plate. Cut goat cheese in 4 big 1cm wide slices. Heat non stick pan with a bit of olive oil. Dip each piece of goat cheese first into egg mixture and then into bread crumbs and ground hazelnut mixture and then fry it on medium heat both sides until golden brown or until cheese starts melting a bit.
6. Serve salad on the plates and place 2 slices of fried goat cheese over seasoned salad on each plate.
I bet ya going to love this salad and prepare it often!
Let me know how you liked it once you try it!
Katarina Štimac, fashion blog – LaKatwalk