When I lived in US my favorite Summer drink was Starbucks Green Tea Frapucinno, sadly, they don’t serve it in Barcelona Starbucks cafes. Matcha green tea ice cream is actually a huge hit this year all over so it’s being served at placed like McDonalds, Crispy Kreme, Haagen-Dazs and many others.
Thus I decided to share a very simple 3 ingredient recipe with you which I tried and LOVED!
You can buy green tea powder in any healthy food store or in Croatia order is from The House of Green Tea online.
1 cup heavy cream, cold (240ml)
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) sweetened condensed milk, cold (76g)*
4.5 teaspoons green tea powder (12g)
1. Mix 4.5 teaspoons of green tea powder in 3 soup spoons of hot water and let cool.
2. Whip 1 cup of cold heavy cream until stiff (you can use hand mixer or a regular manual whisk). Heavy cream (sweet cooking cream) whip it to stiff without sugar.
3. Mix green tea mixture with 1.2 cup of cold sweetened condensed milk.
4. Add in green tea and (sweetened) condensed milk mixture into heavy cream and fold carefully until combined.
5. Move the mixture to a container and cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight ( I left it overnight).
Extra tip: If you like your ice cream sweater add a one tea spoon of vanilla extract to mixture while whipping. I recommend to add raisins, cranberries, coconut or grounded almonds when serving the ice cream.
I hope you really enjoy this delicious Summer treat!
Katarina Štimac, fashion blog – LaKatwalk